Pages

Friday, November 24, 2023

Reflection

This is the IHAWU pendant 

After my exhibition I had a sit down with John who is the moderator and we spoke about how he sees my work and he suggested a few things. One thing that stuck out for me was how most of my designs are literal which limits my creativity and ability to unpack the concept even further. Going forward I plan to look at the old functions of traditional Zulu designs and how they relate to modern ways of doing things. 

As an artist I need to start designing from inside out meaning rather than to focus on the final product I need to design based on the function of the object or design and do not be literal, give my design process the space to grow and change. As I will be using the Qualitative Research methodology I need to be able to plan on how I will be approaching a design in different angles, have a clear action plan since my work will involve new techniques.

I need to give myself time to look ate the work I have done and also give other people a chance to critic it so I can be improve it and also reflect on all the feed back I will be getting from different people whether it is in person or through the internet and other social media platforms. The concept of adding the abstract approach is exciting for because as much as I have not done it but subconciously I have always wanted to explore it I just did not have enough knowledge on it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reflection

This is the IHAWU pendant  After my exhibition I had a sit down with John who is the moderator and we spoke about how he sees my work and he...